Nurse Practitioner, Immediate Care-Hancock Health: 2596
Hancock Health Gateway, in Greenfield Indiana, is looking for two Nurse Practitioners to join the Immediate Care facility that will open in July! Full time, various shifts available.
Nurse Practitioner-Immediate Care, a non-exempt position responsible for providing direct patient care services including the assessment, diagnosis, prescribing, treatment, and education of patients. Works closely with collaborative physician and other clinicians in a team approach to provide patient care.
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE: Prefer at least (1) year of nurse practitioner experience. Prefer a minimum of three years of professional nursing experience in the clinic setting.
REQUIRED EDUCATION: MSN required. Requires successful completion of advanced practitioner education and training and Board Certification as a Family Nurse Practitioner.
REQUIRED CERTIFICATE/LICENSE: Current valid and active Indiana registered nurse license (RN). Current Indiana state license as an advanced practice nurse (APN) with prescriptive authority (CSR). Current CPR certification. Current national board certification as advanced practice nurse.
Functions and expectations of the opportunity:
- Assesses patient status by obtaining health history through patient/family interviews and chart reviews; assessing presenting illness, risk factors, and family history, psychosocial situation, and cultural factors; and performing appropriate physical examination.
- Orders/performs appropriate laboratory diagnostic and other screening tests. Seeks other information as needed, including consultation with physicians and other clinicians, for evaluation of illness. Integrates data to determine diagnosis and therapeutic plan, including identification of any health risks.
- Develops and implements treatment plan by prescribing/dispensing medications and/or injections in compliance with medical practice guidelines and state laws. Treats minor lacerations. Educates patient/family regarding medications and treatments utilizing effective AEDIT communication techniques. Promotes health promotion/illness prevention to patients as appropriate, including community resources to meet patient/family needs. Communicates pertinent case management information to other professionals and community agencies. Thoroughly completes documentation within medical record including updating patient medical chart by posting examination and test results, diagnosis, medications, and treatment in written/computerized manner.
- Participates in peer reviews, chart reviews, staff education, clinical guideline development, and other continuing education and quality assurance activities
- Participate in quality measures to improve patient access, quality, and experience based on practice metrics.
- Knowledge of evidence-based advanced practice including anatomy & physiology, pathophysiology, differential diagnosis, diagnostic testing and interpretation of results for clinical decision-making. Knowledge of pharmacology & therapeutics, alternative treatments, basic nutrition, behavioral factors and psychosocial/family factors.
- Knowledge of practices and regulations related to professional ethics related to the delivery of care. Demonstrates ability to maintain patient confidentiality.
- Mastery of the Electronic Medical Record (EMR) and other office equipment.
- Demonstrates communication skills to effectively communicate with management, providers, and patients.
- Ability to work with peers in a team situation to promote a positive work environment for team members.
- Required to check e-mail daily and use as a source of internal and external communication.
- Required to thoroughly complete EMR documentation within 3 days of visit.
- Skill in medical case management, time management, problem solving, crisis intervention, multitasking, and other needs of the position.
- Skill in modifying methods and techniques of professional nursing to provide appropriate patient care and initiating emergency response procedures.
- Ability to analyze complex data and symptoms to draw conclusions of differential diagnosis.
- Ability to interpret, adapt, and apply guidelines and procedures
- Ability to establish/maintain effective working relationships with patients, peers, and public.
Competitive salary and benefits package.
Hancock Health is a 70 bed hospital providing Hancock County with the services of a full service community hospital with a focus on primary care, patient comfort and convenience. Hancock Health offers a high percentage of private rooms, a highly skilled medical and professional nursing staff. A state of the art surgery department, 24 hour emergency services, OB services, progressive and critical care, gero-psych unit, home healthcare, occupational health, transitional care unit, total oncology program including state of the art radiation oncology center, and a full compliment of inpatient and outpatient services.
Greenfield is the county seat of Hancock County and home to 14,000 Hoosiers. With unemployment rates among the lowest in the nation, Greenfield boasts thousands of manufacturing, service, and professional jobs. Greenfield is also home of rich cultural and recreational resources from its schools and library to its parks and historic downtown. Greenfield is close to big city amenities (just 15 minutes east of Indianapolis) but maintains its own small town identity and sense of close knit community.
Competitive salary and benefits package