Physician Assistant, Emergency Medicine – Hendricks Regional Health: 3855
Hendricks Regional Health in Danville, Indiana, is adding a Physician Assistant to their established team. Immediate need but will wait for the right provider. Hendricks leadership views providers as partners in determining future models to best meet patient demand and expectations.
Why Hendricks? “Come serve a community for whom you can actually make a difference while working for an organization that will help you to do it.”
-Dr. Sumit Chawla, Critical Care/Pulmonologist
• 12-hour shifts ideally (would consider 14-hour shifts)
• Must average 140 hours per month for full-time benefits (potential for less with pro-rated benefits), includes weekdays, weekends, and holidays
• Primarily hiring for Danville with ability to flex to Brownsburg, IN
• Prior Physician Assistant experience including 2+ years in Emergency Medicine
• Active certifications, must be BC
• Will care for all ages
• Approximately 35,000 patients per year
• Work collaboratively under the supervision of emergency medicine physicians
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Excellent attention to detail
• Knowledge of diagnostic equipment and procedures
• Good interpersonal skills
• Critical-thinking and problem-solving abilities
• Ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment
• Computer literacy
• Employed opportunity
• Epic EMR
• Interviewing, examining, and diagnosing patients regarding their injuries and illnesses
• Ordering and interpreting diagnostic tests appropriately
• Prescribing medications, including narcotics
• Performing various bedside procedures, which may include suturing, fracture/dislocation care, splinting, assisting with critical patients, pelvic exams, foreign body retrieval, etc.
• Admitting, transferring, and discharging patients as determined by their evaluations
• Arranging outpatient follow-up when indicated
• Providing timely and appropriate electronic medical record documentation
• Educating and counseling patients and their families throughout their ED course
• Collaborating with the on-duty physician
• Maintaining certifications and continuing medical education requirements
• Researching the latest treatments, innovations, advances, and trends in emergency medicine
We are a group of physicians and physician assistants employed by a community-based hospital in West Central Indiana, approximately 30+ minutes from Indianapolis, IN. We have a collegial work environment which promotes strong working relationships amongst our entire team. Some of our team have worked within the hospital for 30+ years. We value the importance of work-life balance and continue to implement changes to strengthen that balance. This position would complement the two full-time physician assistants we have currently at our Danville emergency department but includes the possibility of flexing to our smaller department located in Brownsburg, IN.
We have a broad compliment of hospital-based specialists including 24-hour inpatient Hospitalist, Pediatric, OB/GYN, and Intensivist coverage. We have an Intensive Care Unit, Progressive Care Unit, Medical and Surgical inpatient units, Pediatric Unit, Childbirth Center, Surgery Center, Infusion and Endoscopy Centers, and multiple outpatient facilities.
Hendricks is an independent, nationally recognized, nonprofit health system serving west central Indiana. We offer two acute care hospitals with 166 total beds, six outpatient medical centers and a multi-specialty physician network. We offer an extensive primary care base and flourishing programs in orthopedics, pediatrics, women’s health, cancer services, cardiovascular care, critical care medicine and many more specialized services not usually associated with organizations our size.
At Hendricks, we are strongly positioned as the high-quality, low-cost health care provider in our market. Our vision is to be the indispensable health care partner to all those we serve. We have strategically invested in our facilities, infrastructure and technology, and offer a unified electronic medical record system (Epic) for more integrated care. And now, because of our membership in the Mayo Clinic Care Network, our physicians have access to Mayo Clinic’s latest research, diagnostic and treatment resources, as well as the ability to consult directly with Mayo Clinic experts on complex cases.
Hendricks County is known for its top-ranked schools, amazing healthcare and quality of life. Just minutes from downtown Indianapolis, we are home to many cultural attractions, parks and nature trails. In addition, through our partnerships with over 500 business organizations and 290 local nonprofit groups, Hendricks is a proud sponsor of many of our community’s most beloved events and seasonal traditions.
Our associates appreciate that we have partnered with the Hendricks Regional Health YMCA and Richard A. Carlucci Recreation & Aquatic Center to provide lower cost memberships for our associates and their families – helping everyone stay healthy and active.
Nearby destinations include the Indianapolis Zoo in White River State Park, the world famous Indianapolis Motor Speedway, The Children’s Museum of Indianapolis, Newfields, Mass Ave Arts District, Connor Prairie, Brown County State Park, the famous covered bridges of Parke County and much, much more.
Hendricks Regional Health
Competitive salary and benefits package